Beauty : Bloggers made me buy it!



I love being a part of the blogging community. The support bloggers have for each other is unlike anything I have experienced before and it's always nice keeping up to date with all the latest posts about the new in within the beauty world. One of the many things bloggers are great at doing is unknowingly selling products to me. I often read reviews on products and know that I need to try it out too. This has led me to purchasing a whole array of different products, some I liked some I didn't, purely based upon others reviews. I thought today I would share some of these purchases! Please let me know down in the comments if you have any products that you also purchased thanks to reviews, I don't want to feel alone in this!



Real Technique Makeup Brushes
I don't know if I should properly admit to this... but before blogging I probably owned one or two face brushes and no eye brushes whatsoever. Real Techniques was a brand that I saw being mentioned constantly on both Youtube and in blogposts so I knew that I would have to try them out for myself. Spring forward 3 years and now pretty much all of my brushes are from Real Techniques and I regret nothing. Plus, who doesn't want colour coordinated brushes?!



Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette
I remember, back in the day, seeing this palette being mentioned in everyone's favourites posts and knew I wanted to try it out for myself. I think this palette may actually have been the first eyeshadows that I ever tried and was one of the reasons I fell in love with makeup! Still to this day, this eyeshadow palette is one of my absolute favourites and the shades are still my favourite formula! Over the years I have also been gifted/purchased a couple of the other Urban Decay Naked palettes, but personally nothing beats this! 


Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits
I mean we can't have a 'bloggers made me buy it' post without mentioning the Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits. By this point the kits have been raved about, slated and Instagrammed far to many times than I can count. I jumped right on the band wagon when they were first released and have purchased many of the kits and lip glosses for myself. At the time the formula of these kits were nothing like anything else you could buy! But do I still love them? Probably not as much as I did. I've found that over time the product loses its moisturising finish and leaves the lips feeling rough and dry. With all that being said I still use them on occasions that I know I want to wear that specific colour for, and I'm sure I will try them again in the future. But for now, I'm going to leave my Kylie Cosmetics lip kits in my makeup drawers!


Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil
This brow pencil was another product that was obsessed about a couple of years ago that I knew I wanted to try out for myself and it really hasn't let me down. Two years later and I still use this pencil every single day when doing my makeup. The pencil allows you to lightly apply product to the brow whilst defining and styling them too. Personally I am yet to find a product that works as well as this and I agree 100% with all the other reviews! 


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
I have seen so many mixed reviews over this product. For me I find it works perfectly in removing makeup including waterproof mascara, but I understand the reviews which say they feel their skin doesn't feel 'clean' after use. When micellar waters first came onto the beauty scene the Garnier brand was the one main product that was constantly spoken about. I've been using it for the last couple of years and am happy with how it fits into my skin care routine! 


Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask
After reading so many positive reviews over these face masks I knew I wanted to try them out for myself. The reviews I had seen all claimed that the face mask worked well with their skin leaving it moisturised and soft for the next couple of days. It goes to show how different skin tones can be, as I had a completely different response to this mask after use. I found that it left my skin feeling sore and I also broke out in spots a couple of hours after use. The more annoying thing is I purchased three of these! So I'm going to have to see if anybody else in my family want to give them a go. Such a shame as I had such high hopes for it! 


Collection Sheer Loose Powder
When the days of 'baking' your makeup began, one product that was constantly mentioned was this and honestly, I can see why! Not only is this product cheap and affordable, but it also works well in setting your makeup to a matte finish. It makes me laugh to think of all the 'new' makeup techniques that have come about in the last couple of years but this is certainly one that I do thanks to all the bloggers I follow!  


Maybelline Erase Eye Concealer
I always find it such a task finding a concealer that works perfectly for my skin tone, this product by Maybelline is perfect! I first saw this in one of Zoella's tutorials and thought I would try it out for myself. After many failed attempts of finding it in store (thanks Zoe, I guess lots of people wanted to try it too!), I finally found the correct shade for me and have been loving it ever since. I love the applicator and I love how blendable it is for the under eye. 


Well there we have it, a selection of my products that bloggers made me buy! I hope you enjoyed this different style of post! Let me know what products you were persuaded to buy thanks to our lovely blogging community! 


Until next time, 








3 comments

  1. I'm totally the same with brushes - I only used to own one, and now I've got a whole little range (most of them from Real Techniques ha!)

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try the maybelline! Ive heard some really good things!

    elle x
    www.abloggersbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah loved reading this! The RT brushes are my fave! xx


    Melanie // Lilies Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox