Beauty : Glossybox May 2017


Hello, it's been a while...

The last couple of weeks have been so busy as I have officially finished my university course studying Fashion Textiles! Even just typing that sounds crazy! Unfortunately with there being so many deadlines I had to take a little step back from blogging, so although there have been a few scheduled posts going up on a Sunday, the majority of them were written way way back in March! But I am so excited to finally have the free time in the evenings and weekends to actually blog and take photographs again. (Although this post is going up a little bit later than planned!) 

For those who may have not read any of my other posts, each month I share the contents and my thoughts on the latest Glossybox UK, which in my opinion is the best beauty subscription box that I have tried. This months May box is equally as exciting, and I am really excited to try out a few of the products already. Arriving in its cute little pink box with black accents and matching black bow, this months Glossybox was themed around 'basics'. Lets take a look inside...







Scrub Love Active Charcoal Body Scrub | £13.95
This body scrub was the first product that really caught my eye when I opened this months box. Charcoal beauty products have really made their entrance over the past couple of years, yet I personally haven't ever tried any! This product is 100% natural, vegan and vegetarian friendly, which can only mean great things for your skin as well. With the summer coming soon and fake tan season approaching, I know I am going to be getting some good use out of this! 


Dr. Paw Paw Original Balm | £6.95 | Full size product
When looking for a 'basics' product, this little gem is perfect. The balm can be used for pretty much anything, which makes it the best handbag accessory to have ever! It can be used as hand/face/body cream, lips, hair, bug bites or even patted lightly on top of the cheek bones to give a natural looking glow. Seriously, this is the product that keeps on giving! I am so excited to finally give it a try.


Ruby Powder Blush in Coral | £14.99 | Full size product
Ok, so the picture of this product doesn't really give it much justice, trust me it isn't as bright as it seems! This cute little pot of blusher is perfect to add a pop of colour to your cheeks for a summer glow. The powder is really silky and applies lovely when used with a small blusher brush. My only issue with this product is the price. For a £14.99 product, I would have expected better packaging and more product. The pot just feels a little bit too plastic-y for my liking! 


Model Launcher Brow Duo Pencil | £10.50 | Full size product
This is the one product in the box that I was the most excited for this month. It's only been in the last couple of years that I have really started to fill in my brows properly when doing my makeup. I am obsessed with Benefit Goof Proof brow pencil, and am always on the lookout for other products which could work as well. I think I may have just found it here. Appearance wise, this product is very similar to Benefits Goof Proof. The double ended applicator has a spooly one side and then the product on the other in a angled point, something that Benefit are known for with their brow products. After swatching this product I noticed how much more precise you are able to be with it, something that I would probably want when doing a full face of makeup for an evening occasion. I am going to be giving this a little try for a while, so make sure you check back soon for my final thoughts! 







Lavera Naturkosmetik Hand and Cuticle Cream | £4.95
This is probably the least exciting product in the box, but important when it comes to basics all the same. The hand and cuticle cream has a light texture with a refreshing smell. This product contains organic olive oil, chamomile extract and avocado oil, which works together leaving the hands soft and smooth whilst also protecting the nails and cuticles. 

Overall, I am pleased with some of the discoveries in this month's box. I am really excited to try out the brow product, and love the initial look and sound of the charcoal scrub. If you receive glossybox, what bits did you most love this month? Let me know! 

Until next time,

No comments

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox