Skincare, lipstick and brush haul!


Why is it that I can go weeks without splurging on makeup, and then spend it all in one go! I guess this is the result of shopping with my brothers girlfriend! This week I went to Covent Garden and Oxford Street in London where I spent my money on some makeup bits that I had been lusting over for ages! So this post is going to be a mixture of some new beauty products from both high end and high street makeup brands! 




On the date this post was uploaded, I am currently enjoying a two week break from the UK in USA. Because of this trip I had to make a trip to Primark to pick up some basics. Obviously I couldn't leave without looking at the beauty market where I picked up these three goodies! I had seen so many great reviews on the PS makeup brushes, and although being a little disappointed they didn't have the paddle brushes, i'm excited to try these out nevertheless. I got the Precision eyeliner brush and the angled brow brush which has a spooly on one end. I also wanted to try a new nose pore strip so am going to give this one a try. Everything was £1 each which is amazing! 



I finally purchased something from NYX on this trip to London! Which is very ironic seeing as I will probably be able to buy NYX everywhere in America! Knowing that I am going to America, where the climate is a lot more humid than being at home, I wanted to take a setting spray. I hadn't researched this product before purchasing but after giving it a little trial really love it. It sets the makeup perfectly and mattes the skin which is what I was after! The setting spray was £7. For my birthday I received a lovely gift set with a couple of Clinque skincare items in. I loved the moisturising lotion that was included and after using it for the past couple of months have found a change in my skin which I love. It has really smoothed out areas and I haven't (touch wood) had a breakout in a couple of months. The only thing about this cream I don't like is the price (£29) But I guess you have to invest in skincare! 



I also finally purchased one of the famous NYX soft matte lip creams in shade Athens. This shade is a nude orange. I have used this already a couple of times also and know that it is going to feature a lot in my everyday makeup looks now! This was £5.50. Finally I am so excited to share that I have finally, after a lot of lusting and longing for online, purchased a Charlotte Tilbury lipstick from the Hot Lips collection! I got shade Super Cindy which I have decided is going to have its very own special blogpost next week! So stay tuned! 

I hope you enjoyed this blogpost! After being very spendy this month with my mum, dad and brother all having their birthdays in the space of a week. I am going to be having a little spending ban. I really hope I can stick with it haha! 

Have a lovely rest of your day! 
Lots of love, 


4 comments

  1. Lovely haul! I adore nyx products - have you tried the lip glosses? They are stunning! Have a lovely time in the USA x
    -Alice

    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the lip glosses! I wanted to pick up some of the lip lingeries when I was in America but they were all open!

      Thank you, I had such an amazing time! I can't quite believe we are back from the trip!

      Thanks for the lovely comment
      Francesca xx

      Delete
  2. Great blog post! The Clinique moisturiser is something I keep looking at so I may have to invest in that one! And I desperately want one of the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks from the Hot Lips collection, I just can't bring myself to order one without seeing them in person first! I have Glastonberry from the Matte Revolution range and it is one of my absolutely favourite lipsticks, the formulation of them are amazing, not to forget the oh so gorgeous packaging!
    Meg xxx
    https://itsmeeganblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,

      The moisturiser is amazing, it has truly cleared up my skin. I know what you mean about the lipsticks. I am so glad I went and looked at them in store as I had my mind set on the Kim K one. After swatching it knew it wasn't for me!

      Thanks for the lovely comment
      Francesca xx

      Delete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox