Advent Calendars! (Blogmas day 1!)


Ello… remember me? I am the girl who promised that I was going to upload weekly posts back in September and then didn't. Yeah, sorry about that! The past couple of months have been really really hectic. I have started to study fashion and textile design at university, been promoted in my job and started a little business. All in the past 3 months! I haven't been away from blogging fully, as I have had to run a blog as part of a project for my university course. I am so lucky to have had the experience of posting on this blog for over a year as it has given me lots of practice!

Anyway, now that's out of the way I can get into todays post. BLOGMAS DAY 1!!!
I literally can't explain to you how excited I am to be writing this blog post. This time last year I committed to a full month of daily blogging and I really enjoyed it! This year I have decided to do the same again, although with my hectic university schedule the posts may not be daily, but there will be a post for each day regardless! (Let me know if you are doing blogmas as I would love to follow you!)



One of the most exciting things about the lead up to christmas are the advent calendars. Personally I am partial to a little bit of chocolate in the mornings. Hey its the one month a year you are allowed to eat chocolate before breakfast! (well 25 days of it at least!). The last couple of years the idea of 'beauty' calendars have spread around the internet and I have always looked at them and thought 'gee I would love to have one of those, but I am not paying £60+ for an advent calendar' and then popped to pound land, but this year I have been swayed.
I was browsing in my local TKMax the other week and came across this Ciate Nails Mini Mani month. I saw this on Fleur De Force's blogs last year and always wanted one for myself. Now before anyone rolls their eyes, yes this advent calendar was still a lot more than your pound land one! But would ya just look at it! Its darling! At £20 rather than £59 I would say I got myself a bargain. Plus I LOVE Ciate nail varnish and am constantly painting my nails so the products aren't going to go to waste! I will keep you updated with what is inside!



Now it wouldn't be christmas without a traditional calendar so I also bought a frozen milk chocolate advent (Nothing says christmas quite like a disney calendar). My family also buy a candle each year to burn every evening. This is quite important to my family as being brought up in a christian family Christmas has always been a lot more than just present wrapping and giving to receive.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this first little instalment of Blogmas! It feels really nice to be back here writing again. As always I would love to read some of your blogs, leave links in the comments!

Lots of love, 
Francesca

1 comment

  1. Ahhh I'm so jealous of the nail calendar!
    (& you can't beat Frozen, it's so good.. I've been humming Let It Go for what feels like the last few months!)

    I'm going to have to try to challenge myself to Blogmas, I think it'll be great for kick starting getting creative again!

    <3 Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox